Thursday, March 11

Tired

UPDATE:  The ultrasound picture! The longer bean shape is "baby bean" and the balloon looking thing off to the right side is the yoke sac and the cause of my constant nausea... Isn't he or she cute?!



ORIGINAL POST:
I'll be honest, I just haven't felt like blogging lately.

I guess it could be the fact that I'm tired. I'm tired all the time, all day long. I'm tired when I wake up in the morning.

But wake up I do. Then mere seconds upon waking shortly after, the feeling sets in... That feeling of morning sickness. And it seems to be taking all I can do not to throw up. I'm determined not to throw up, at least for as long as possible. Although my mind tries to tell me that "I'll feel better if I just give in" cause I know after being pregnant with E that just isn't true. Even after I throw up, I'm still pregnant and the object of my sickness is still growing inside me, making me feel sick! So I'm just not going to give in...yet.

We had another OB visit on Wednesday! We got to "see" the little bean AND hear a heartbeat!! Highlight of my week so far. I also learned that I'm actually 7wks along which is a week ahead of what they thought the last time. This means hope! For a shortened time of sickness that is...

Now we are looking at the end of October for "baby bean's" arrival!

We did get a picture of new little bean but I just haven't had the energy to get it scanned into the computer, but I'm hoping to get that done tomorrow, even if I have to enlist the help of my honey-do! He is actually pretty willing to help and his help has spoken mountains of love to me the last couple weeks. He just does what he knows helps me out when I'm just not feeling up to doing anything. I love him so much.

The other great part about our appointment on Wednesday was getting some great advice for sickness relief from NP. A couple things she suggested

1. Sipping on flat ginger ale. Never thought of that before, but it helps because the carbonated drinks cause me to burp and that does not help me feel better.

2. She also took me off of the prenatals and just told me to take folic acid, that's the most important thing for the baby to get right now for brain development.

3. Herbal teas, like peppermint or chamomile help as well.

4. And she encouraged me to just eat bland foods, the white foods to be exact. Crackers, rice, noodles, etc. and having just a little bit every two hours really helps.

So far these things have really been helping. The Zofran I took all last pregnancy just hasn't really been doing much this time, so she gave me another prescription to help with nausea. It works. Only side affect is that it makes me drowsy. Not a great combo for someone who is already tired... all the time. So I've been taking in the evening, after baby girl is down for the night. Last night I slept so hard! I woke up groggy but... rested!

And on that note... I'm off to dreamland again. Night, night.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...