Wednesday, January 7

What-A-Day!

Actually it started yesterday… when I was sick as a have ever been, throwing up around 5 times…
I couldn’t even keep down my own bile, let alone water…
We had our 12 wk appt today {even though we are technically 13 wks} and they took the normal urine sample. And let me tell you! Trying to pee in that cup was like trying to juice a turnip!! It wasn’t a huge surprise when the doc said I was pretty dehydrated!
By this point she knew I’d been sick cause when the nurse weighed me she said I’d actually lost weight since my last appt. That was a little shocking to me. I kinda thought I hadn’t really gained any but when she said that I’d actually lost a bit I knew it wasn’t good.
The doc recommended that I go to the ER and get fluids because I was so far behind at that point, it would be difficult at that point to rehydrate by myself {I would say the difficulty being in trying to even keep down water!}. Since then I’ve switched to gatorade most of the time and I got another perscription for my nausea drugs.
I guess I’m not over the sickness yet but I am sure looking forward to when I am!
In lighter news, we got to hear the baby’s heartbeat! 163bmp!! Healthy little booger!! The nurse said it best when she had found the heartbeat…
“So that’s what’s making you so sick!!”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...