Monday, May 28

Life in the fast lane

Wow.

I'm not even sure where to start.

I'm feeling like life is in the fast lane right now and it's so much out of my comfort zone that I'm not sure if I want complain or just hold on tight and take the ride.

Besides the obvious reasons (times 3, under 3) that life is going by so quickly, hubby and I recently decided we want to change specific things about our lifestyle to start living healthier and taking better care of our selves. We are looking into new ways to eat better and better quality and we support each other in keeping up with regular exercising. We are planning to run our first 5k together at the end of the summer!!

We invested in a health supplement program and have seen our energy levels increase and our over all health has improved in just a month. For the first time in my life I've been willing to be disciplined and deny my body the unhealthy cravings and now I'm in control. I'm not saving I've arrived but practice makes perfect and so far I have seen a huge increase in energy that helps me be able to keep up with my precious littles who are growing up so fast!

Today is a perfect example in that I didn't sleep well (several times waking with two of the littles) and our morning routine was thrown off a little bit so I felt frazzled and frustrated. Not to mention the house and the way it seems to be in a constant state of choas. I was able to round the littles up and convince them to help me 'clean' while I got the wood floors swept and mopped, the rugs vacuumed and even pulled the couch from the wall to clean underneath it (which hasn't been done in a looong time), cleaned the glass end table tops and several other small tasks.

Normally, that would be enough to have me crashing on the couch and say, 'I've done enough for today  the week.' But after lunch and the littles' nap time, we went out front and set up the water table and sprinkler. After just sitting and hanging out with the littles I got inspired to pull some weeds - turned to digging out a small tree we have been meaning to dig out, rake the dead brush from the flower beds, cut back dead branches on a bush and several trees. And the kicker is I still felt like I had energy to spare!

I am loving the potential of being an active part of my littles' lives and know I'm making healthier choices for my family!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...