Wednesday, May 30

Overwhelming Impossibility

"I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16

This past Sunday, God gave me this verse. And since then I've pressed in, and asked begged Him to lead me.

I know I'm blind and I'm lost and bound to mess up if I'm not being lead by only One who knows. The sovereign One, who is working all things for good. {Romans 8:28}

As opportunities have recently presented themselves for my business and for our family, I can't help but yield to my God and ask that He lead us and show us the way. What might seem good and right to me, could be completely wrong. But what may seem overwhelming and impossible might be the very way He wants to show Himself to us.

I know that I know that God has put adoption into my heart. I weep at the very thought of it every time. That I could be the receiver of grace and then pour that grace on to others, it's humbling and nearly shatters my heart with the joy of it all. 

And now, He leads us. With the eyes given to me by birth, I can only see the here and the now. The overwhelming impossibilities that are present before us. But God has made a way for my heart to glimpse the good He is working all things together for, and my heart leaps inside of me.

Is this real? Am I understanding this correctly, God? How can I be worthy of your favor? What good have I done that You would want to use me and let me be a part of this work that You, only You could turn to good? I want to believe. I want to trust You. That you are good, and that Your love is great. Even when it comes to me and the purpose for my life.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Absolutely awesome! I am so proud of you. What a true role model you are.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...