Wednesday, May 19

Illustration

I posted a 10 month update for our little lady yesterday but didn't get pictures to go with it until today!

So, for your viewing pleasure:














Clapping!



And this one was just too cute not to post... Better watch out!! ; )

On a pregnancy note, I got a call from my OB's office today. They had gotten my routine blood work from last week back. Everything was good except my thyroid test. It came back high, actually she said it was high for being pregnant {otherwise the results wouldn't be considered high}. 

So what does that actually mean? Good question...

They started me on a thyroid supplement to help with the issue. I also have to be seen by an endocrinologist through the pregnancy and once the baby is born I will most likely be cleared of the treatment.

The great news is that the medication only has one side effect: to make me feel "better" and have more energy! Since the supplement is exactly what my thyroid should be producing it is fine to take while being pregnant and with the results being that I just feel "better" and have more energy, you won't be hearing me complain. 

I learned that without the blood test I probably never would have recognized any symptoms because they are so common with pregnancy any way. The side effects of this thyroid issue are tiredness/feeling sluggish and weight gain. Go figure.

I can say that I have just felt so tired. All the time. I did chop it up to being pregnancy, but I was really hoping to start feeling the 2nd trimester energy boost!! Maybe I will now. Hoping so.

So bottom line, nothing to be concerned about really but something new to me and I'm glad they found it.

Happy Wednesday everyone. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! The most adorable little grandbaby EVER!! Can't wait to come play with you, Evvie!
Love, Nana

Opa said...

Evalyn, you just made my day! You never fail to put a big smile on Opa's face. Can't wait to see you in a little over a month! Thanks for the pics Katie. You are the best!!!!

Shannon said...

She is adorable and I'm so glad that the blog work was helpful and hopeful you'll start feeling better soon!

Shannon said...

She is adorable and I'm so glad that the blog work was helpful and hopeful you'll start feeling better soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...