Thursday, January 27

"Banana pancakes make me think of Fiji"

This is what my hubby said to me this morning as we all feasted on some deliciously fantastic banana pancakes for breakfast!

We love them so much we have them twice, sometimes three times a week {is that bad?!}. I thought I would do you all a favor and let you in on our marvelous recipe {your welcome :]}.

We didn't make it up, so we can't take the credit. I think we found it on All Recipes website. {But I can't remember.} Just know that we aren't taking the credit for inventing these fine yummies, k? ;]


Banana Pancakes:

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon white sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 egg, beaten

1 cup milk

2 tablespoons vegetable oil 
{I always use olive oil when I bake, it's healthier and it's what I have!}

2 ripe bananas, mashed

Combine the first four ingredients. In a separate bowl mash the bananas and add egg, milk and oil to the bananas. Add the flour mixture with the banana mixture. Pour a 1/4 cup of the batter on to a hot griddle or pan. The pancakes are ready when they are golden brown.


Oh yeah, and the reason these will always remind my hubby and I of Fiji is that is where we both had banana pancakes for the first time, on our honeymoon. He always teases me because I had promised I would make them for him for our first date {we had breakfast before heading out on a hike} but I wimped out and just made waffles instead.

Ah, sweet memories... :]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...