Saturday, January 1

Christmas 'Round Two' & growing in faith

We have had a pretty full house these last couple weeks! 
And we've really had a blast visiting with everyone. :)

This week it's Nana {my mama} visiting us. 
We had our Christmas last night!


We've had a good time of relaxing, visiting, eating, watching home videos & playing games!

Today was a fun day of shopping, just me and my mama!
We left daddy at home with the napping babes.
 He was more than willing.
And I was excited to have a shopping buddy.

I've never been one for making resolutions.
I usually can't see that far in front of me and a year is long time,
I always think a lot could happen in a year.
But what I really want to do this year is have a spiritual focus, something I commit to being challenged by and grow in character for the Lord.

I know to the depths of my core that this year's focus is directed and ordained by Him.

Obedience.

I'll be honest, I've been fighting it.
Because I know I'm weak.
And I know that this challenge is going to hurt and be hard.
I will have to face truly denying my flesh in ways I never have before.
But I'm excited for the growth that will come of it.

And it's interesting to me because I'm the typical first born, rule follower.
Growing up I was the bossy one. {I have the home videos to prove it.}
I loved playing school and giving directions.
I thrived on doing things exactly, to a T, as I was told to do them.
I was an honor graduate at basic training.
I can {almost} perfectly replicate craft projects.
On the outside it wouldn't appear that I have a problem with obedience.

But when it comes to following Christ there's a big difference when it comes to doing what your told just because you're told, treating faith like a check list of completed tasks, but instead having a submissive spirit and truly being obedient to my King because I am grateful for what He has done for me. 
And my struggle is with trusting God with what He asks of me.
And just doing it.

Along with obedience God is asking more,
to obey: immediately,  willingly,  and completely. 
These things are not easy for me. 
Especially when I don't understand, or when I think I have a better or easier way.

"Now by this we know that we know Him,
if we keep His commandments. 
He who says, 'I know Him,' 
and does not keep His commandments, is a liar,
and the truth is not in him.
But whoever keeps His word, 
truly the love of God is perfected in him.
By this we know that we are in Him.
He who says he abides in Him ought himself
also to walk just as He walked."
1 John 2:36

To me this verse is telling me that the proof that I know Jesus is in my obedience, which becomes a natural out come of my relationship with Him and not that I would just follow a list of 'rules.'
It easier for me to just focus on the list, but I want to focus on Jesus instead.

If you find it in your heart to pray for me, that God will do a great work in changing me to be more like my Jesus!

Hope you all had a blessed New Year's day!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...