Friday, March 18

Little Lady {20 Months}

Hey Little Lady, guess what?!


Do you know what today is??


You are 20 months old today!!!


Sizes
Clothes: You are wearing mostly size 2t - 3t, depending on the brand.
Shoes: You are right between 5 & 6. 
Diapers: You are still wearing a size 4. We talk about going potty on the big potty but as of yet you haven't done that. We aren't going to rush it either.

Exciting news, isn't it?!

Favorites

Books: 
You have a couple lately, but right now you ask me to read Suggle Puppy by Sandra Boyton to you over and over again! I love her books and we have fun acting them out when we read them. :)

Words/ phrases:
You're in a very loving stage and love to give 'hug' and 'tiss' {kiss} tp everyone and everything! Yes all your toys and even your food and silverware! So cute :)

Food:
Still the same story, you are a picky eater right now. But you are getting better, some days are better than others. I'm getting firmer and not giving you anything else if you don't eat what I give you. And you have to wait til the next meal time or snack time {which is always usually something healthy} and no sweets unless you ate well at you last meal. I don't really ask you what you want any more, I just give you food and try not to react one way or another when you don't eat it. Just take it away and get you out of your seat and your done. Maybe one day you'll eat what ever I give for sake of not being hungry! :)

Activity:
You still love to color! And you have been loving the sensory tubs that I put together for you! I'm trying to change it out once a month and I hope to get a theme going for each month. I let you play outside on the porch on warmer days and it makes clean up a lot less stressful {for mamas!} and lets you have a little more freedom to get crazy when you play! You love to sit in the bucket and to feel what ever it is in there under your feet. Silly girl!

Song:
You love to 'sing' the ABC song with me! And you can say most of the letters too! I have a video that I took of you saying them with me, I'm hoping to figure out how to get it on to the comp from my phone... You love singing 'This little light of mine!' and you usually chime in when we sing 'SHINE!' and you say it really loud. :) You even hold up your finger candle and do the motions with me. We really have fun these days. :D



Sleep:
You still take a nap once a day, but it's starting to be later in the afternoon lately and still for about 2 hours. It's amazing to see a toddler who just months ago was screaming when ever we put you in your crib for nap or night time and now you love to play 'nap-time' and act it out for FUN! Praise the Lord, He hears our prayers!!






Character traits:
You are still very dramatic and animated! You love to do silly things and laugh with us, even if you don't know why we are laughing, you fit your laugh in there too! And you love to get involved with what ever we are doing, if I'm sweeping or vacuuming, you want to put your hands on the vacuum and 'help'. And you get so proud of yourself for 'help'-ing too! I love it and pray that you grow to have a servants heart, excited about doing whatever the Lord asks of you. 






Challenges:
You are having a hard time with learning to share and having a generous heart. Often times you will offer to give someone a toy, cup or snack saying 'here go' and then when they go to take it you pull it back saying 'no, mine!' I'm also trying to cultivate your relationship with your brother. You have a resistance to him right now that I pray will be broken and I hope that as you two grow up together you see how important it is to keep your relationship with each other strong!



Happy 20 months my precious baby girl!!
We love you so much!

2 comments:

Kym said...

Oh my goodness! This post brought tears to my eyes...tears of joy, because she is so stinkin' adorable! And tears of sadness, because she is growing up right before our very eyes and I just wish I could see her more often. I miss ALL of you so much and pray everyday that God is blessing you with the important things (love, peace, patience, wisdom, etc.!) ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!!! (See you in a few weeks!)
Nana/Mom

Kym said...

Oh my goodness! This post brought tears to my eyes...tears of joy, because she is so stinkin' adorable! And tears of sadness, because she is growing up right before our very eyes and I just wish I could see her more often. I miss ALL of you so much and pray everyday that God is blessing you with the important things (love, peace, patience, wisdom, etc.!) ALL MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!!!! (See you in a few weeks!)
Nana/Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...