Thursday, April 14

Little Dude {6 Months}

Happy half birthday, Little Dude!



Sizes
Clothes:
You are wearing 6-12 month and 9 month size clothes
Diapers:
Still wearing size 2 in disposable.

Just hours old.

Sleep:
You still wake through the night, at least twice but often it's more like 3-4 times. Sometimes you eat before you go back to sleep. Other times you just need your pacifier and kiss from your mommy. :)
You are up for the day around 6:30 am.

You are starting to nap a little more regularly. Usually you take a short nap around 8:30 am, a longer nap around 12:00 pm, and then another short nap around 4:30 or 5p. But I am so grateful that you are pretty adaptable and you'll sleep on the go or in your baby carrier so if we have something going on you just nap on the go!


Food:
You are still nursing full time and you eat about every 3 hours. 
We'll need to start solids here soon! Maybe we'll give you your first taste of cereal today, in honor of your half birthday!

One and a half months old.

Activity:
You rolled over for the first time yesterday! From your back to your tummy!! I set you down on the floor on your back {you still strongly dislike tummy time} so that I could finish mixing and pour the brownies I was making. You started fussing so I looked over to check on you and you were on your tummy! I was so excited and you were just happy to be off your tummy, you gave me a huge grin. :)

You aren't really ready to sit up yet. If I sit you up and hang on to you, you arch your back and want to stand instead. I know you'll get there when you are ready.

Toys are becoming much more appealing to you lately. You will reach for anything in sight and you've even started getting frustrated if you can't get what you are trying to grab. You are loving sitting in your activity seat and big sis loves playing with you!

Four months old.
Character traits:
You are still so laid back that it's hard to see all the things that make you tick yet. You are such a content baby and will just hang out for the most part. You enjoy just hanging out where ever we are and just watch all that is going on around you. Especially your big sis, you will watch her play for hours. 

Five months.
Challenges:
Sleeping at night time is a challenge for me. I could use some more sleep at night. And with you waking up around 6:30 and then your sister is up just before 7a, I'm exhausted and would love to take a nap with you at 8:30 but your sister is up needs my attention. Oh well. I know that some day you will get the sleeping thing down and I know that there will also be day that you seem so grown up and I'll miss these days!


Verse:
This month my focus for you, my son, is that you will take Jesus as Lord for yourself when the opportunity first comes to you!

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Happy 6 months, my baby boy!
We love you :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...