Thursday, January 7

Fear tactics

Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe you can relate.

It seems like every time I make time to spend reading the Word and really focus on seeking God I am haunted by spiritual warfare. I've started to notice this trend lately and it's really starting to bother me even though I know that it shouldn't because God's word warns us about this very thing happening.

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12

When I have made time during my day {usually during cupcakes first nap time} for quiet time, to read my bible and to pray, it seem that through out the day and especially at night I am tempted with fear. For example, after I put cupcake down for the night {I'm alone until Stud Muffin gets home from work because he is working a swing shift} I spend time in the kitchen, cleaning bottles, loading the dishwasher and just getting ready for the next day. We have a window at the sink and then the front door is directly to my back. I get spooked so easily and feel like someone is watching me and thoughts of someone breaking in.

Some times the fear is greater than others, but no one should have to be afraid when they are in their house {especially with an alarm, which is always set}!

But even with this trend, even if the enemy continues to haunt me, to try and stumble me and tempt me from spending time in the word and seeking my God,

I will not cease.

Because my God is bigger than that. He is greater, He is mightier than any fear. I will praise Him for who He is. And no matter how the devil tries to scare me into not seeking my God, I know that God is the only one with true power and He will watch over me.

The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him. Psalm 37:39-40

I will take refuge in Him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...