Friday, February 12

First Valentines Day


As newly wed's that is!

For our first my husband was pretty creative! The following is taken from a previously written post


"February 16, 2009:

Valentine’s day didn’t happen the way my honey had it planned…. 

I guess that’s just what could happen when you are taking a risk with work during a huge inspection. We both had to work much later than planned due to some unexpected complications and therefore had to postpone our reservations for Saturday night.

I will admit it was disappointing! But Brandon was most definitely more disappointed than I was. I couldn’t figure out why he was so upset about it. It was just dinner and we could go next weekend when we wouldn’t be rushed for time to get ready. But I soon learned that it wasn’t just dinner plans that had been “ruined”…
When we got home from work we decided to just relax and watch a romantic movie and eat some valentine cookies my friend Rachael had made for us with a tall glass of milk! {my hubby LOVES cookies and milk!!} 

As we sat down to cuddle up and start the movie Brandon begins to explain that not only were we going to go to dinner at a nice restraunt… but when we got home he was going to have me wait in the car for a minute and then come inside.

He would then run inside and up the stairs and lock our door with a note on the outside that said: ‘Not so fast! I have hidden your present and you can’t come in til you find it! No need to worry I’ve given you clues along the way! (first clue) P.S. I love you!’

So the game began! I got up and followed the clues he had hidden through out the house the day before, starting with looking in the DVD cover of P.S. I love you! Sure enough, there was another clue… He had 15 clues placed through out the house and I had to first figure out what the clue meant and then find the next clue! It was a blast!!

Finally it led me to my craft room where I opened the door to find a teddy bear holding a heart shaped box. There was a note on top of the box that explained that he had written something he loved about me for each day of the last month!! How sweet is that?! I was blown away {once again!} by how romantic and creative my husband is and how his love never ceases to amaze me!"

That was my favorite so far! Ok... it's been the only one we've had since being married ; P

This year I took the initiative to plan our day and I am super duper excited!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved the post....what a cute blog....Happy Hearts Day

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved the post....what a cute blog....Happy Hearts Day

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...