Monday, November 1

For this child we pray.

"This is our prayer: That our child's love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that s/he may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God."
(from Philippians 1:10)

When we dedicated Little Lady to Jesus back in July we made a commitment to pray for her regularly. This is something I can't help but do because I struggle with being fearful and worrying about her safety and well being. But I want to start praying for her with purpose, for her character as a person and the woman of God she was created to be.

Of course this goes for Little Dude too! Since I'm up several times through out the night to nurse him, I might as well make good use of that time. Part of the tools our church provides when parents dedicate their Littles is a list of verses to pray over them. My plan and commitment from here on out is to pray a verse over my littles for a week. I'd like blog the verse and journal about it but that may or may not happen from week to week but I'll do my best.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...