Monday, July 28

'Can't Take my Eyes Off of You'

B got his new glasses today. Although he is lamenting about 'feeling old', I think he looks sexy! I mean it...


I can't take my eyes off of him and every time I look and see his new look I just can't help but smile :) I am so blessed with such a handsome hubby. And best friend!

We are just loving the day today! We have been busy with yard work this morning. Followed by some cat bathing... and then we went to get B's glasses and go to the grocery store. We came home and watched a movie together {I worked on my stitching project} and then we put together an amazing dinner if I do say so myself! I found the recipie... actually I don't remember where I found it, but it's definitely a keeper!! It's from the Biggest Loser Cookbook, but I found it online somewhere... Any who, I'm going to include the recipie on here because I would ABSOLUTELY recommend it to anyone looking for something tasty!!

Putting together the ingrediants...


Just before it goes in to bake, just long enough for the cheese to melt

Southwestern Chicken Pileup:
1 teaspoon salt-free Mexican or Southwest seasoning {we used taco seasoning}
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small (1/4 lb) boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed visible fat
1 whole wheat pita (6.5" diameter)
2 tablespoons hummus, preferably red-pepper flavor
2 tablespoons no-salt-added canned black beans, drained
Several red onion strips (works better chopped)
Several red bell pepper strips (chopped also)
2 tablespoons chopped tomato
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons finely shredded cheddar cheese
4 teaspoons guacamole or fat-free sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 450 deg F. Preheat grill to high heat.

Sprinkle the seasoning and garlic powder evenly over the chicken. Place the chicken on the grill rack. Reduce the heat to medium. (If it's not possible to reduce the heat, cook the chicken away from heat.) Grill for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. {*****NOTE: We discovered that using a meat thermometer works so much better with chicken. If you take it off the grill or out of the oven when it reaches 165-170 deg F it will still be juicy instead of dried out. This temp is FDA approved so you won't get sick*****}

Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.

Meanwhile, place the pita on the grill rack. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until lightly toasted. Place the pita on a nonstick baking sheet. Spread evenly with the hummus. Top evenly in layers with the beans, the reserved chicken, onion, red pepper, tomato, cilantro, and cheese.

Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate. Slice into 4 wedges. Top each wedge with a teaspoon of guacamole or sour cream, if desired.

Per Serving: 356 calories, 38 g protein, 38 g carbohydrates, 6 g fat (1g saturated), 68mg cholesterol, 8 g fiber, 489mg sodium

This recipie made more than enough for B and I to eat and be full!! Yum, enjoy!

And last but not least... a few pictures of my new 'Do'...



I have my eye appointment next Monday... and I already have my 'eye' on a cute pair of Kate Spade frames...

Watch out world! Two of the goodest looking old people are coming your way!!! ;p

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...