Thursday, July 10

a stretching.

I am having one of those days... a day where I keep getting hit from the left and then the right, or so it seems. I even made a decision today to start the day off seek God first thing. Brandon and I talked about making sure God is, not only a part of whole day, but especially the first thing we do, study his word and just meditate on Him. So we did that this morning. It was great and we both enjoyed reading from Psalms.


The morning that far was going wonderfully. I woke up to my wonderful husband, who I am just adoring right now, and we sat down to have breakfast and read our bible. Then we headed to work, but we were both in good spirits in spite of that fact...


And then it started, we drove up to the back gate at work and I realized I forgot my ID card to get in, and we HAVE to have one to get in. Plus I need it to work because you have to have your ID to log on to any computer and my whole job is on the computer. So what does this mean? Maybe I left it at work in my computer… or else it’s in the work pants pocket from yesterday… dingdingding! So I had to go home and get it which put me behind for morning routine at work and after that it’s hard to get back to a good mood.

After that it just seems like my day has been off just a little bit and the littlest things going wrong seem HUGE! {ex: when I ordered an iced tea at lunch and the guy game me a Hi-C… I swear I thought I was going to cry when he handed me the cup… no big deal right?!} It all got me to thinking tho about Job in the bible and how even tho God allowed Satan to strip him everything precious to him [his family, livestock, even his health], God had faith in Job because He knew that Job would be faithful to Him and praise God’s name in the midst of heartache and trial. By no means do I mean to compare my day or life or anything to the suffering that Job went through, but when things get even a little tough, it reminds me that God allows ‘tough’ things into a believer’s life it’s because He has faith in them and He wants them to turn to Him for strength and dependence.

Maybe things happen in our lives because we start to think we can handle this life on our own, at least when the going is smooth. But why can’t we trust God to be in control even when it’s easy? Would He still put trials in our lives and allow tough times? I think so…

I’ll admit, I struggled today with following Job’s example and praising my God in midst of my rough morning. I kept having the thoughts of ‘God, I made time for you this morning! I read my bible with my husband and sought you first thing of my day! Why can’t I have a good day for that?!’ Pretty closed minded I realized later this afternoon…

This morning I read through Psalm 66:

1 Shout with joy to God, all the earth!
2 Sing the glory of his name; make his praise glorious!
3 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you.
4 All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name." Selah
5 Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf!
6 He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot— come, let us rejoice in him.
7 He rules forever by his power, his eyes watch the nations— let not the rebellious rise up against him. Selah
8 Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard;
9 he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping.
10 For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver.
11 You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs.
12 You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.
13 I will come to your temple with burnt offerings and fulfill my vows to you-
14 vows my lips promised and my mouth spoke when I was in trouble.
15 I will sacrifice fat animals to you and an offering of rams; I will offer bulls and goats. Selah
16 Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me.
17 I cried out to him with my mouth; his praise was on my tongue.
18 If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened;
19 but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer.
20 Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!

I couldn’t believe it when it hit me! God started me off this morning by telling me that He is victorious! He wanted me to see what He has done for me and what He will do for me, if I would just look to Him always. And praise the Lord for His provision.

It seems that I have learned a valuable lesson about what it means to seek God first thing in the morning. He truly will use it to prepare us for the day and what it will bring! I just wonder…

Will we listen?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...